Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Doggie Cousins...and Thank You!




(text photo updates my mom sent to us while gone...especially to reassure the girls that Belle was okay. Lexi had a REALLY hard time leaving her)

One of the biggest stresses for me when preparing to leave for Utah was who would care for Belle? She is getting older and I was afraid she would die of loneliness! So I felt huge relief when my mom offered to "dog sit" her. She literally came and hung out with Belle...or picked her up and took her to her house...every day for over two weeks. Belle is a very possessive dog and doesn't love to share attention. But she had to share the spotlight with her "cousin" Bernice (my mom's dog). I actually think she had a fun vacation, rather than missing us.



Then, on the drive home, I kept picturing our hairy floor from two animals, our stale smelling house and our empty fridge. Well, imagine my relief and surprise when I walked into a freshly vacuumed rug, cleaned sink and lots of groceries! Oh my gosh, it was so nice.

Thank you Mom and Dad for being so thoughtful and helpful while we were on our Utah rendezvous!


1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

One of the fun perks of living by Mom and Dad! Your dog is adorable and what a sweet mother you have to do all of that for you.