Monday, June 09, 2008

What Time is It? Summertime!

So, I have a love/hate relationship with summer time. For example:

I love:
swimming
sleeping in
late nights
lazy days
less scheduling
trips
memories

I hate:
the extreme heat (x10)
too much free time (i.e. fighting kids)
less breaks from the kiddos (x5)
through-the-roof electric bills
an old car with no rear air conditioning

This is only our third official week-day without school and we've managed to have some fun so far! Tucker was gone most of last week on a scuba diving trip to Catalina Island (that's for another post), so this is all stuff with me and my girls, sans Daddy!

Summertime means it's time for........


.......popsicles!


.......bubbles!


.........swim lessons



......dance pictures, and soon recital!


........walks to Sonic for slushees!


.......walks around the block (only to feel sad when we walk by Ashlyn and Tanner's old house)!



...........pizza and Martinelli's!



........projects, like recovering chairs!



What are YOU doing this summer? Give me some IDEAS!

6 comments:

Tara said...

You don't want to know, my summer is about as opposite from yours as it gets. :) But you look like you are doing great so far, hittin' summer full force with all the things that make "summertime" memories! Great job on the chair, and thanks for reminding me that I need to get Josh into swim classes!

Tara said...

oh, and I just made another Nutella discovery. You have to use "Grandma Sycamore's WHITE bread", and make a sandwich with Nutella instead of PB, and good strawberry jam. It's a pretty yummy snack, course it's also good just slaped on the bread by itself. :) (OR, since you are more of a PB fan, sub nutella for the jam and have a gooey choco/nutty sandwich!)

britt said...

sounds like you are having a fun summer already. I have had a HARD time feeling like it is summer here, since we have had such WEIRD weather. Today was the first day Ame went swimming. We are starting lessons next week, and I don't know what else we will do for fun????

Unknown said...

I have to tell you that I am really loving year round school. But, I also love a lot of the same things you guys are doing, we just do it while Savannah is in school.

Jamie and Family said...

Katie, that is interesting about year round school. It's so foreign to me, but I can see advantages! Speaking of that, I need to make sure and see you when she's off track this summer if possible.

Tara, All of those Nutella combos sound so good! I wish Grandma Sycamore's bread was here, it is my fav. And, actually, I often eat nutella just by the plain spoon ful!!

Chris Grover said...

i can't get enough of peyton and her adorable piggies! oh, she is so cute! and the girls' dance costumes are also adorable! you look like you are doing a GREAT job helping everyone enjoy the summer! great job on those chairs too! crafty!! my only idea for your summer is for us to get together somehow!! that sounds like a good plan to me!