Wednesday, June 18, 2008

All That Jazz

I'm not a pageant-y sort of mom by any stretch of the imagination. The only thing that comes close is that people have always teased me and my family about our "perfect hair", never having a strand out of place (by the way, it's called OCD).

Anyway, the other thing that could lead someone to believe that I AM a pageant-y sort of mom is if they visited my home for the three days each June that my girls are in FULL costume, mega-curls, and lots of mascara. aka Dance Recital!

It has been so fun (and a lot of work) to have them in dance. I think it's been the most fun because THEY think it's fun. This completed Jordyn's fourth year and Lexi's third year. Most of their years have been a tap/ballet combo class.

From September through May they work hard practicing and preparing for their dance recital in June. It's quite a huge production! The past two years, one of the two girls has freaked out last minute and cried hysterically (I would too when I see how big the theatre is!). But this year was smooth as butter!

They loved every second of it and Jordyn kept saying how she wants to dance on stage forever! (maybe that's what's wrong with my summer vacation). They did such a great job and I was so happy for them!! Cousin Lyric shook her hips better than anyone else on her team (or so I hear....I was with little Paxton fixing his diaper blow-out). It was a fun family affair! Aunt Kristy even surprised the girls by showing up at the recital!

Here are pics from both recital rehearsal and the actual night:



The supporting crew, my family! So nice to have them there!



Me and my Lexa-Lou. What a brave girl she was this year, and even had a big smile on her face on stage!



Miss Amanda has taught Jordyn and Lexi for most of their dancing years. This is her last year and we are very sad about that. Here she is with Lexi's cute little 4-5 year old class (danced to "Twist and Shout")




Me and Jordyn Lyn, my passionate and energetic six year old.



Jordyn's got a big class this year. Her class danced to "Love Potion #9".



I keep wondering if I can do a THIRD dancer soon with Peyton? Sometimes I feel like Miss Hanagan from Annie singing "Little girls, little girls, everyday I eat, sleep and breathe them". I love it though!

5 comments:

Tara said...

How fun Jay, you are such a good mom! The girls look SO cute!!! AND you look gorgeous! But wait...what's that on your arm....it looks like...could it be? A tan!?! Honestly woman, you look like you have some serious natual, golden color goin' on! :) Nice. love ya!

Chris Grover said...

maybe i'm jinxing myself, but i cannot wait for kaiya to be old enough for this! i just can't get enough of the adorable outfits and the cute curls and the excitement and nerves that accompany such a big event! it looks like the girls did awesome! and they could not look cuter!

britt said...

It is A LOT of fun, but yes a lot of work too. And I only have 1 dancer. I can't imagine your 2 and possibly 3!! They looks so cute all "dolled up", and YOU look really cute too Jme!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

How fun!! Recitals are so much work but it's so rewarding to see all of their hard work pay off. The girls look beautiful!!

Janessa Couch said...

Your girls could be in pagents. They are beautiful. I love the cute costumes that they get to wear. My first two are into gymnastics, but my youngest wants to do dance. It will be a lot of fun.