Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Piano Recital

The girls have piano recitals twice a year. Last night was their spring recital. I always get anxiety when these sort of things come up because they have surprised me with hysterical crying or a refusal to participate in the past. So I've learned to cover all my bridges waaaayyy beforehand. I talk about it for weeks before, walk them through all the feelings, and remind them over and over about their reward (last night it was not just one, but TWO scoops of whatever ice cream they wanted to pick out). Plus they're getting older and more experienced. (I say that with crossed fingers because dance recital is next week, and that's our once a year BIG event).

Saying all that, last night went off without a hitch! They did great! They DID get nervous and said they didn't want to do it (and who wouldn't?). But they did so well! I was very proud of them and it was fun for them to be able to "show-off" what they have been working so hard on for the past six months.


Their teacher "Mr John". He's is such a fun and skilled teacher.

Jordyn played "All Alone" as her solo, and "Hippo Pianist" & "London Bridges" as class.

Doesn't mommy deserve some kind of reward for all MY hard work too? Just kidding, Baskin Robbins is good enough for me too!

Lexi played "Mary Had a Little Lamb" as her solo, and "Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So" with her class.


Always fun to have Daddy there for hugs right after the performance!

Although I love being together as a family, we left Peyton home with a babysitter for this event. Which was a great choice because we got home over two hours after she went to bed! She wouldn't have enjoyed it, and neither would we! :-) Great job girls! I'm so proud of you for developing your love of music!

9 comments:

sosilly said...

Hurray for my musical girls!
And hurray for their mom who makes the sacrifice to help them develop their talents. Good work to all!
Looking forward to the dance recital!
MOM

Unknown said...

Savannah starts in the fall. I can't wait. I have been taking lessons already but I opted out for the recital. Maybe next year.

Janessa Couch said...

Bribery is the best! Ha Ha. It totally works, so that is why I do it also. Jamie, you look gorgeous!

Unknown said...

that is awesome for your girls! Way to go!!
I want Ame to play piano as well. But since she is already involved in 2 classes-Hula and Jazz, I think that is enough for her. We do our own PRIVATE mommy and me lessons. It works for us for now!

Unknown said...

my comments are all under quinn for the time being. Our desktop needs repairs, so his laptop is the only computer we can use.

Chris Grover said...

that is so awesome and these performances (scary as they may be) are such great teaching experiences to help them build their self-esteem and even bravery! i bet you felt a big sigh of relief and a lot of pride once they were done! good job, girls (jamie, included)!

Unknown said...

ps Please tell me you aren't going to the New Kids on the Block concert HEE HEE

Melvin and Carly said...

Good for you for having your kids take piano lessons. I'm sure it's a huge committment for you to get them to the lessons, make sure they practice, etc., etc. It sounds like they enjoy it after they get over the jitters. Kudos to all of you!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Great job girls!! They look so beautiful in their recital dresses. Jamie, you deserve a big round of applause also- it's a HUGE commitment to drive kids around to lessons( It's tough for me to drive Lauren to dance class once a week and that's just a mile away) . You're a great mom!!