Sunday, June 22, 2008

Swimming Lesson Graduates


We successfully completed our swim lessons this summer!

Lexi: Loved every second of it. She is so close to swimming on her own, but I still prefer her to swim with the floatie (pictured). It helps her to still have to swim, but with a little added support. This is HUGE improvement from last summer when she cried most the time. Way to go Lexi!!!

Peyton: Did mommy & me and we were the only ones in the class. What a nice teacher to patiently sit there while Peyton whined most the time. We enthusiastically said "kick, and blow bubbles, and jump to mommy" the whole time, and by the end she didn't HATE it, but didn't love it. She was more interested in saying "Hi Jo Jo, Hi Lexi, Hi Lyric, Hi Paxton, Hi Lindy, Hi dumptruck, Hi Leah (her teacher). What a friendly kid.

Jordyn: Is a fish, like her daddy. Swimming comes naturally for her. She was swimming last summer, and this just brushed her up again and she was swimming across the whole pool by herself! Great job Jo!!

(the floatie that is working great for Lexi and Lyric this summer, it just goes over their tummy and back, slides right on and stays in place. It's around $10 at Toys R Us)

4 comments:

sosilly said...

I am so glad the girls could come to grandma's house to practice their skills after swim lessons.
Like you said, they will have fun memories of the "pool time".
I think they will all be like fish when summer is over.
MOM

Tara said...

Great job Jamie! I went and signed Josh up for class after reading your last post about swim lessons. He is not a fish yet, but hopefully he will be soon! Jordyn can do swimteam next year I bet! Jade started at 7yrs, I bet Jordyn would LOVE it! And I also like that floaty thing, used it for Josh when he was little. But I could not find it for Eddie, (they might have been out) so I just bought him a life-jacket, that should work for the lake as well as the pool. :) I think I will try and do a mommy/me swim class with him next year. This summer is too crazy. Have you figured out how to work your summer so the girls have a "peaceful" summer? good luck! love you!

Chris Grover said...

what a great floatie! i had to laugh at peyton's swim lesson experience, but you're right, she sure is friendly! good job jordyn and lexi! swim lessons are so important and it's so great that they enjoyed it so much!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Great floatie. I've been looking for one for the kids. Thanks for the tip. After reading about your experience and the fun the girls had I signed up the kids for lessons next month. I can't wait!!