Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nesting

I think the "nesting" syndrome is setting in. I am having the urge to get EVERYTHING organized and ready for the baby. It all began on Friday when I was in Target (walking like a snail) and all the sudden realized the many things I don't have for the baby! I've been in the mindset that I have everything because I'm having another girl...but I realized that I don't have bottles, or desitin or diapers or a baby book, etc. So I bought a few things and have begun organizing closets, drawers, toys, rearranging so things fit better and all that good stuff. My mind wants to do about 100 times what my body CAN do, so it's a good thing I have four weeks to do it all.



My sister brought her baby-swing over and I set it up today. It's fun and sort of surreal to be putting baby stuff up again. I feel like it wasn't too long ago I was taking it all down! I never had a "break" between Jordyn and Lexi since they were so close in age, so it all feels new again this time. I think tomorrow I'm going to get out all the little clothes and go through them. It starts to feel more real seeing all this baby stuff around the house!




I also can't seem to get the house to smell clean enough. I mean, I literally have the urge to clean everything with Mr. Clean a few times per day. I almost get excited when a mess is made that requires using a cleaner (like Lexi's daily pee on the bathroom floor)! Sounds crazy, I know. Or I get excited when I have to throw in a load of laundry because the clean scent of my Tide is very satisfying!!!

1 comment:

Chris Grover said...

Ooooh, this is getting exciting! Can we start the (un)official countdown now? Or has it already started?! I'm so excited for you, Jamie!