Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm Such a Wimp!


I feel like such a wimpy mom lately. But, seriously, it's 95+ degrees here and the kids are begging me to push them on the swingset. OK, so I'm feeling officially pregnant and can already tell my feel are swelling, PLUS I have arthritis in one foot & knee which isn't that comfortable...so I can last out there pushing them all of about 5-10 minutes and then I find myself madly thinking of ANYthing else we can do except be outside!!! How sad is that! My poor kids don't care if it's 1000 degrees. But I can see their cheeks flushing fast and I know we still have like 15 degrees hotter to go. Ugh. Summertime in Central CA is the price you pay for beautiful winters I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds terrible!!! It is supposed to reach 90 next week but that is when we will start to live at Cherry Hill (the waterslide park)

Chris Grover said...

Oh the central valley heat! We were probably the same as your kids when we were younger -- the heat never phasing us! How did we do that?! I can't imagine being pregnant, on top of the extreme heat! Hang in there, girl!