Friday, June 02, 2006

Baby Magic Lotion


My family has this thing about SMELLS. We have extra keen noses and can smell anything bad from miles away, but we also love good smells. One example is (and this was taught to us by our wonderful mother) that babies MUST smell GOOD - all the time. There are lots of baby lotions to help accomplish this (not that a natural newborn smell isn't THE BEST...but add on some spit up, etc and you DO need some help!), but Baby Magic has always been our favorite. For as long as I can remember! Well, sadly enough the company was bought out by Playtex and the lotion was re-bottled and COMPLETELY changed! No remnant of the original smell left at all - zero, zilch, zip!

Long story short...NOT that there aren't other good-smelling baby lotions...but this has been the smell of our babies for the past, who knows, 16+ years. SOOOOOOO, since it is discontinued and GONE from any store shelf...good ol' ebay came in pretty handy. I bought three bottles of it for like three times as much as I would have spent at the store a year ago, but I couldn't bear the thought of my next little one not having this yummy smell on him/her! I'm pathetic, I know. But I'm happy about it!

1 comment:

Chris Grover said...

Jamie, that is too cute! I know exactly what you mean! It's amazing how certain smells can just bring back floods of memories! I always feel that way about this one body spray that I had in Hawaii. If I ever smell it, I am back in the linoleum house, listening to the roosters crowing outside! I hope those 3 bottles of Baby Magic get you through baby #3! It's hard to see something go away!