Monday, June 05, 2006

Fruit & Flowers

I just LOVE to plant things and watch them grow. I get such a thrill from it! In my backyard I have planted (edible things) limes, lemons, dwarf Fugi apple tree, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and a blackberry vine. The blackberries take a lot of patience because they vine one year, then flower & fruit the next! So I'm really excited about these!



Here is the Blackberry vine...they blackberries are starting to turn pink! Yummy!


In my front yard we have lots of flowers. I love to have lots of colors and varieties. We've got lots of bulbs that sprout up for a few months straight, but since those only last a short period of time, I love to also plant lots of summer flowers that bloom for a long time. So far, things are looking quite beautiful!


Here is part of our front flower bed. Sort of an eclectic look of lots of beauties. I just love it!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Nice! I was wishing I could see a pic of your front flowers. My blackberry vine looks about the same as yours. I wasn't sure I would get berries this year, but alas there are some little berries forming. I'll have to take pics...hmmm...a good blog idea for today. Check my blog later for a similar post!

Tiffany

Debbie said...

What a great fruit to have, blackberries. I think we might have to plant one in our backyard:) Whenever we get one that is. I cannot wait to start planting!

Chris Grover said...

I really am so impressed! I never thought I would enjoy gardening or planting, but it really is kind-of addicting and quite therapuetic! Yours looks really, really beautiful! My flowers are very similar to yours -- just an eclectic blend of flowers. I seem to be more about the colors than the mixture of flowers! I love big bright colors and yours are exactly that! They are beautiful!