Thursday, June 08, 2006

Five Random Thoughts of Mine

1. You guys are no help to me! The vote for boy vs. girl stands at 50/50! I was hoping for SOMMMMEEE clue! Ha ha. Our ultrasound has actually changed to Tuesday, so I will make the announcement then. The baby has been kicking a lot lately...Tucker actually felt it for the first time last night. That's the #1 highlight of pregnancy...until it starts to hurt of course :-)

2. I had my carpets professionally cleaned a few days ago and I feel like I'm living in a brand new house again! To the normal visitor, it probably doesn't look that different, but I can FEEL that it's cleaner and I love it! I've done it a few times on my own, but they came and did virtually every square inch of the 1800 sq ft - which would have killed me off. So, thanks for encouraging me to do it, Mom!

3. Lately it's started to hit me that in a few months, any errand I run or task I want to accomplish will become a LOT more difficult with a baby in tow! Three kids at Target sounds almost impossible because the way I'm bombarded with "MOM, MOM, MOM" the whole time I'm there with just two kids NOW wears me out! So, even though my energy level doesn't feel up to this, mentally I'm starting to feel that I should run errands every single day - even if I don't need anything!! :-)

4. It's always important and fun to be pregnant at the same time as SOMEONE you know. I have one of my best friends, Beth, who is three weeks ahead of me. She lives here close to us and our kids are really close as well. It's both of our third babies and we can complain to eachother and not feel bad! It's great.

5. Tucker amazes me all the time. I have honestly never seen someone who genuninely has as much fun playing with kids as he does. He can almost always come home from work and immediately go into "fun daddy" mode. They just love it. But what impresses me the most about it is that he has a TON of fun, plays and laughs with them, but he somehow always accomplishes something more than just play with them. OK, for example, last night they wouldn't eat their food so he sat with them and played a game of questions...like "What is your middle name, where were you born, what color eyes do you have, etc" and gave them points if they got it right. He made it seem so exciting. So while he was playing and having fun, they were also learning things. AND then on top of it, he pretended that every bite they took they would grow bigger and showed them and they totally believed it and ate every bite! Anyway, I'm sure I'm not doing justice in explaining...but I just watch in awe a lot of the time because he has so much patience and has so much fun with them. I just feel SO thankful that he is their dad - he teaches me a lot AND especially HELPS me a lot! I love you Tucker!

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

I love to read your thoughts about things! I must say it is so nice to have you back to blogging -- I really missed you! I'm getting so ecxited to hear what baby #3 will be! Be sure to share! I really loved what you said about Tucker. I could totally see him being that way. It's one of the things I love about Chris too. Not that we have our own kids, but I am constantly amazed at how immediately and comfortably kids always attach themselves to him. He says it's because he loves the excuse to be a kid himself! Our little boys, right?!

Eliza2006 said...

Why has your ultra sound date changed?

Tiffany