Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Tennis – Take 1

Until last weekend, my girls had only experienced Tennis on the Wii.  And, even though they are actually really good at the game, the actual court is REALLY different than the Wii!  So I wanted to show them the real thing.

 

Even though I often tell my girls to “stop growing” and to “stay little for mommy”…there really are some fun parts about them getting older.  Now that our youngest is nearing four years old, we can pick-up-and-go a lot easier than ever before.  Any time I wanted to take them to play tennis before, I was thinking about a ball hitting a baby’s face, or a baby crawling on the hard floor, or bottles, diapers, naps, too hot, etc.

All of that is behind us and last Saturday was only in the 80’s for the high temp.  So it was absolutely beautiful, perfect time to go. 

From the minute we got there, the girls were in love.  They loved how different it was than the Wii.  They loved the challenge of hitting the ball (missing 80% at first!).  Peyton was an amazing “ball girl” and looooooved that role.  She tried hitting a few times.  But she thought it was so fun to be in charge of getting the balls and bringing them to us.  After two hours, the girls didn’t want to leave!  So it was a fun new adventure for our family that I hope to keep doing!

 

DSC01117 DSC01126 DSC01127 DSC01131 DSC01132 DSC01133 DSC01136 DSC01142 DSC01144 DSC01161 DSC01164 DSC01165

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

We have a tennis court by our house and have never been but my daughter begs me everytime we see it. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Eliza2006 said...

This is what Heidi is for!!! Looks like fun!

britt said...

ocassionally Quinn and I go play tennis at the courts by our house, and the kids play at the park. All Ash begs to do is play, but for now that is quinn and I's time to do something WE enjoy.
which doesn't last long, cuz we do have that baby who only lasts a short time in the stroller and then wants down to crawl around the court!
Tennis is one of the few things I think I could actually teach my kids to do.
Way to go! What a fun, patient, loving mom you are!!