Thursday, September 02, 2010

Blah

I've wanted to post about my first day of school and Tucker's first week of his job. But instead I've developed a head cold that's made me feel like I have a tournequet around my head the past four days.

And I was JUST thinking last week "I love not being sick, I'm so thankful I've had such a long healthy streak". Shoulda knocked on wood.

Even feeling crappy, Peyton made me chuckle tonight (not unusual with that kid) when she came up to me distraught and upset. She had some nail polish in her hand and in a whiney, regretful tone said "Mom, I painted my favorite thumb!", as though it was the end of the world. How dare anything get on the beloved thumb that gets sucked! She's quite protective of it.

And even feeling crappy, when we were doing homework after school and Jordyn realized she forgot 2/3 of her homework in her desk...I loaded everyone up in the disgustingly hot car, with a humungous headache and took her back to school to get it. I'm sure I could have let her "learn a lesson" and get a consequence tomorrow...but I think she learned a better one the way we did it.

And even feeling crappy, I made salmon, green beans and quinoa (for the first time) for dinner. We ate without Tucker because he had late meetings and of course the kids complained about most of the dinner.

And now, there is nothing I want to do. I'm doing laundry so the kids have clothes to wear tomorrow for school pictures, but besides that I just want to sit and do nothing and hope my head stops feeling the size of a house tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jeannine and Neal said...

Head colds can do that to you! It is amazing to me how your body uses up so much energy fighting the infection and how it totally drains you. But, on the positive side, I'm glad it is just a head cold you are dealing with. I love you! J-9