Monday, August 10, 2009

Seemless Socks.....Save Me!!


My oldest daughter, Jordyn, has some definite sensory issues. And this definitely manifests itself with clothing. It is no secret that we've battled clothing for a few years now. And with the school year fast approaching (th 19th) I am feeling so anxious!

The problem is, even when I take her shopping with me to pick things out, she'll get them home and often not wear them again. I've learned that when I hear the words "I'll wear it tomorrow", that actually translates in to "I'll never wear that again". I should learn to not take tags off until after she wears something for a full day!

So this anxiety sent me on a Google quest for something I should have done loooooong ago: seamless socks. (Here is the site, and they're even on sale....stride rite brand). So I ordered 14 pair and hope this buys me back a few years of mine AND Jordyn's lives.

And don't even get me started on shoes. Oh my gosh. Shoes. I also ordered two pair off that site (the were half off) HOPING, PRAYING and CHANTING for a miracle that they don't bug her! I have conquered my need for her to look picture-perfectly put together, and will settle for her wearing the same pair of shoes every single day (which usually happens with her) if they mean she will be comfortable and happy. I cannot stand dropping her off at school in tears, and that seemed to happen way more often than it should've last year. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I so feel your pain! Savannah is the same way- luckily has gotten a little better but I have literally given hundreds of dollars of new clothes to neighbors that she maybe wore once! I have to really caution her and Chalyse when she takes her shopping that Savannah has a tendency to pick things out and then never wear them and Chalyse is buying VERY expensive stuff! I am definitely getting those socks. I always get Coop stride rite shoes because they have xtra wide and he has the FATTEST feet ever:)

Eliza2006 said...

I can usually get stride rites for a REALLY good deal on www.endless.com or amazon. They are by far my favorite shoes for kids...I'm sure Tabby will leave you a comment on her battles with Jake, but they are very similar. I feel for Jordyn because I have some of the same issues surrounding thing touching my waist and the sock thing bugs me too.

Tabitha said...

I feel like you just blogged about Jake... You should have asked me...Puma has seemless socks! Oh yes I discovered them a year ago! And Ross has them all of the time fyi! And Jake just said that today.."Mom I PROMISE, I will wear it tomorrow." Oh boy I could go on for hours. I feel ya sista!

Tabitha said...

lol Tiff, I just read your comment!