Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Climbing On

Let us all have a moment of silence...................






Peyton finally did it. She climbed out of her crib.




I knew it would happen. And soon. And at 2 years and 10 months, I've loved and cherished every single minute of her jailed-sleep time.

It was nice of her to last a whole 8 months longer than Lexi did! But....ugh....I just dread the no-naps and the up a million times at bed time. My kids do NOT stay in their bed. It isn't in their gene pool, I swear. No matter what I say, what rewards or punishments I offer, their little heads come peeking out of the hallway.

But more than any of my grieving sleep or peace....it's just another sign of growing up. Why is this so hard for moms to accept? I want them to be independent....but I also want them to stay little and cuddly and sweet and.....little girls.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain- but Luka is actually doing pretty well in his big bed (cross fingers)

Beth said...

Yes! I think it's one of the worst transitions in motherhood. For me at least. I felt like crying for 2 weeks when Luke did that. Oh Pey pey. Luke has been having Peyton sightings everyday now, everywhere we go. It's so cute.

britt said...

I am justing waiting for the day Ash decides to do the same! I too am blessed with kids who DON"T sleep or stay in their beds...haha
I THINK-this too shall pass, I just don't know how. good luck in the mean time :)