Monday, August 24, 2009

All About Pey

(If you peaked into our backyard, this is the type of scene you would see 90% of the time. "Which of these things is not like the others"? ha ha)

I wanted to write down a few things Peyton has said or done lately so I don't forget. She's going to be THREE years old in two months (and is totally still my baby, don't make fun). But she is a really funny kid. Makes us all laugh.

- Peyton manages to be naked ALL the time. I swear she has a secret power because in the blink of an eye, her clothes can be OFF.

- She cannot STAND that I am also Jordyn and Lexi's Mommy. She will - all the time, and out of the blue - tell me "You not Lexi's Mommy" while emphatically shaking her head. If one of the other girls even sits by me when she's on my lap....there are tears!

- Jordyn and Lexi think Peyton is hilarious. They always want to pretend to be her mommy, they want to get her out of her crib, they laugh at everything she does. You can definitely tell she is the youngest in our family.

-On the other hand, she is AGGRESSIVE! She is constantly beating up on Lexi and I always hear Tucker telling Lexi it's okay to defend herself! Jordyn doesn't have a problem being aggressive back, but it's not as much in Lexi's nature.

- Tucker was driving away taking the girls to school and I was holding Peyton. As we were waving good-bye, she grinned and said "He's my favorite Daddy!" (good to hear!)

- I have always called Peyton "Pesh" (short for "Precious"). So the other day, I was playfully calling her "Peciosa" (like the spanish version, but without the "R"). Without skipping a beat, I hear this little voice from the other room say " What Mommy-osa!".

- Peyton loves to be tickled (her back, her legs, her tummy). Last night she was sitting by me on the couch and asked me to tickle her. I was doing so, but maybe a little half-heartedly (since it was already 10 pm and I was ready for her to be in bed!). She got off the couch and looked at me really politely and said "Your hands are too small to tickle. I want daddy to do it". She was nicely telling me I was a bad tickler!

- Her favorite things to do are to 1) add "butt" to the end of any word (a tribute to Ms. Eliza, lol)......"Hi Mommy-butt" or "Where is Lexi-butt?"......and 2) shaking her (often bare) butt at people to get a laugh, which works with her sisters or cousins! I try to (calmly) tell her we don't do that, without giving her extra fun attention for it. But she's really fond of it all.

- At this point, the only shows she requests to watch are: Veggie Tales, Max and Ruby, Sid the Science Kid and the Leapster shows (Letter Factory, Word Factory, etc). Not a big variety, but she will watch these few over and over.

-This one is hilarious AND annoying. Peyton has been crying a lot at night lately. She must be having nightmares because the two main things she tells us when we come in are: 1) "There are sharks in my bed!" (sharks? where does this come from?)......and 2)"Jordyn is hitting me" or "Lexi is being mean!" (when they are clearly asleep).

- Peyton asks all the time when she can go see her teacher. It's been hard for her to see her sisters go off to school. Must be strange to be the youngest! And it's a strange combo for a parent because on one hand, I baby her still. Yet on the other, she often gets to do older things because she has older sisters. So she's both exposed AND sheltered?

1 comment:

Tara said...

THANK YOU!!! We need to get together soon. You are an amazing woman and friend. This post is the best, I needed it right now too. And you are SO thoughtful! Your card made Jade's day, thank you so much for that. I will come down one of these weekends, call me when you get a chance, k? love you so much! And MAJOR congrats on teacher's certification! Inspiring!!!