Monday, August 17, 2009

Backpacks - Getting Creative!

We've been doing the whole "get ready to go back to school" thing, as is typical for August for most families. Last year, I wanted to get them good backpacks that were cute, different and wipeable. So I did some research and found these online from an Australian store. They looked nearly brand-new all year, and I liked that they wouldn't mix them up with any other kids backpack.

Well, this year we are tight on money and their packs are in such good condition still....so I gave the girls a fun idea of decorating their backpacks so they were "new" for this year. They picked out some puffy paint and had a blast decorating their backpacks with whatever (gulp) they wanted to do! It was fun, gave them creative control and cost only $7!




3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

So fun! I'm going to do something similar with Eliza on Thursday night (unfortunately, I start school tomorrow...the kids, not until Friday).

Eliza2006 said...

Ooops, meant to post this on the dinner entry. Re-inventing their old backpacks is a great idea...you're not lacking $$$, you're going green!

britt said...

that is so creative and fun for them!