Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day Of School!



It's 8:51 am....the older two are at school.....and I already don't know what to do with Peyton! I have always said it, but I swear having one kid is so much more pressure than multiple. More peaceful....but more pressure. Especially with a kid like her who loves to be on-the-go! If I had money, we'd probably go shopping everyday!

This won't last forever though. I don't have a teaching job yet, so my plan for this year is to substitute teach nearly every day. Tucker is building up our company, Watch Me Draw!, and since he needs to be gone mostly after-school, he can be home with her during most days. Pey may also get some fun days with Grandma....and eventually pre-school.

This morning, as I took my girls to their first day in their new classes, I had a weird out-of-body feeling, like "how did I get here? how do I have a first and second grader? how am I a mom to school-age kids? when did all this happen??". Very strange.

Jordyn and Lexi were both really excited. They were nervous and didn't want to eat their breakfast due to a stomach full of butterflies, but they had no hesitation about going into their classroom....no tears.....no clinging to mom. Thank goodness! But I still got a kiss and hug, in front of their friends! Not too old for that!



Jordyn! 2nd Grade..............................Lexi! 1st Grade (her hair is VERY specific to her request, including the piece hanging in front!)


Sisters! but at different schools :-( ..........................Mom with her girls


In the background they were fascinated by a praying mantis! ..........and then in the car!



Lexi (met her teacher yesterday) with Mrs. Zapata!........and then in class the 1st day!



And Jordyn with Mrs. Stone! She came highly recommended and she has her church friend, Madison, in class with her!



Oh, and by the time I finished this post.....I'm a lot less worried about what to do with Peyton. She's really enjoying having the house (and toys) to herself! She lined up all her babies and made a bed on the floor with them! (and when I asked "what are their names?"....she said "Karla, Karla and Karla!")

4 comments:

britt said...

I can relate to the feeling of what to do with the youngest. Although I am worried about the time Kaipo is home too, he is usually so into whatever Ame's doing. Of course however things "start out" after a few months it will all change with a new baby in our home.
We get to experience all this on MOnday, with Ame. She is so anxious, as am I, but I know it will feel different when it actually comes time to leave her there ALL DAY! Oh what WE could do if YOU and I were neighbors :)
Subbing sounds stressful, but also a good idea at the same time.

Eliza2006 said...

Cute! Every last picture!

Beth said...

School really changes up the whole dynamic. There are some things I'm excited about, but I think Luke will cling more than ever. Lexi has Mrs. Zapata. Sarah really liked her for josh.

Unknown said...

The kids start school Monday. I am nervous for Cooper to start- I actually made Ryan take the morning off- I am feeling to emotional to do it myself! Back to school night is tonight and they will get to go see their brand new school and meet their teachers so that will be fun. We head to Bear Lake tomorrow morning until Sunday night. Life is ever changing. I will only have about 6 weeks home alone with Luka in the afternoons before the baby comes and you know what I plan to do with him - TAKE A NAP:)