Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thanks Tiff!

We had a great time with Tiffany, Eliza and Solomon (not to forget her little puppy Beau too)! I am so grateful to have such a brave friend (ha ha). It was so fun to have five days together. We stayed up too late, we hung out at home a lot, and we ate a lot. With 5 kids ages 7, 5, 3, 2 and 5-months, it was often easier to just let them play out back than try to go anywhere!

We did manage to go to the coast on Monday. Once we got there, it was actually freezing! So we ate at Splash (of course) and the kids played on the beach for about two hours....and by then we were ready to leave. Not the most ideal beach day, but we still had a good time!

We also were able to celebrate Tiff's birthday while she was here! I made her a hibiscus flower cake, had several small presents that the kids helped open, and we were even able to get away for a quick dinner with only baby Solomon in tow, thanks to the help of Lindy and Tucker each having some of the other kids!

Tiff made it home safely today and I'm so relieved. It's a long drive (I'd be the first to know doing it a few times each year!)....and I'm so glad she did it because it was just what I needed! The kids made some fun memories! Jordyn is SO good with Solomon, Lexi is so good with Eliza, and Peyton & Eliza.....well, they're either REALLY good or REALLY bad together. The fun of a 2 and 3 year old!

Lexi, Eliza and Jordyn in a candy shop

Baby Solomon's first feel of sand!

Eliza, Me, Tiff and Solomon


Lexi, Me and Jordyn (we left Peyton with Lindy)


Jordyn and Eliza making sand castles


Happy Birthday Tiff!!


This pic makes me laugh. I had the really dumb idea to make a "34" with our fingers. Not only does it look like we're throwing gang signs, but it says "43" instead! lol

Most of the gang


Mommy Tiffany with her two cuties

Paxton, Peyton, Lexi, Eliza, Jordyn and Lyric! Our house was crazy and fun!

5 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

It was a great trip...just what I needed too. I actually started laughing so hard I was crying at the "throwing gang signs" picture. I guess the kids weren't the only ones making good memories!

britt said...

SOunds like a great time. Low key and less sceduling usually does work best!

Tara said...

What fun memories! And I love the naked babies, is there anything cuter than that! Spending time with family/friends with out a schedule is what summer is all about.

Tabitha said...

LOL, I just laughed so hard at my
"43" year old sister!!! That is a really cute cake! You have skilllzz!

Janessa Couch said...

I love the cake! It looks really yummy!