Saturday, June 13, 2009

Spring Piano Recital

Jordyn and Lexi have two piano recitals per year (Spring and Christmas - whew!). This year, Grandma, Grandpa and Lyric were able to join us for the event. They were brave and did a great job! Jordyn has been doing piano for nearly three years, and Lexi nearly two years. They really love the Yamaha music program, Mr. John is a really fun teacher and the curriculum is extremely effective! So the effort of getting them to piano feels worth the rewards.

Cousins!

(Jordyn with Nolan, he is in her class and they are "friends". I can see why she thinks he's so fun to hang out with ;-)

Grandma and Grandpa are celebreties to these girls. Having them walk in was like Christmas!
Cute Lexi.

Lexi with her class: Andrea, Lexi, Sarah and Logan

Cute Jordyn

Jordyn with her class: Kalvin, Stephanie, Jordyn, Tommy and Nolan


Me and my cute parents

Way to go girls!!!

3 comments:

britt said...

I am so impressed once again! Ame wants to actually take guitar lesson (since she already has one), but that is in addtion to starting soccer, doing comp dance and hula. I am thinking a line has to be drawn SOMEWHERE?!

Jamie and Family said...

I know, I totally agree Britt. It IS hard to know when to draw the line. I hear a lot of moms say each kid can choose two things. My kids have always done dance and piano, which feels like a lot (of time and money) but we threw swim team in because it's such a short season and not during school.

Plus, I want to give them all equal opportunity, but it will be much harder as Pey is beginning to approach the ages they were when they started their activities. Three of them???? Aughhghhg!

Beth said...

Your girls will thank you one day for having them in piano. Lindsay and Jacob started their lessons last week. I'm all nervous about it, mostly of the preasure of practicing. I don't want one more thing for us to battle over. But Jacob strangly loved his lesson and couldn't stop laughing during it. Your girls are so musically talented too.