Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last Day of School!

Last week the girls finished kindergarten and first grade! I was lucky to finish teaching the day before they got out, so I spent the last day between both their classes. It's always a bittersweet feeling at the end of a school year. I remember feeling emotional as a young girl....and those same feelings surfaced as I saw my kids say goodbye to their teachers.


Lexi with Mrs. Donabedian




Jordyn with Mrs. Kandarian




QUESTIONNAIRE:

What was the best thing about this year?
Jordyn: Having Mrs. Kandarian as my teacher, learning about frogs and playing with my friends.

Lexi: Recess, my teacher Mrs. Donabedian and playing with my friends.

What was the worst thing about this year?
Jordyn: When my friends would fight with me and be rude.

Lexi: when Michael pushed me down when we were going to the library. I was in front of him and he pushed me down and I started crying. Michael had to go to the office and he didn’t get to see the library. Mrs. Donabedian gave me a hug.

What was your favorite field trip?
Jordyn: Farm Day, I got to pretend to milk a cow.

Lexi: The zoo.

What was your favorite subject to learn about?
Jordyn: Math

Lexi: spelling and animals

Who did you play with this year?
Jordyn: Maddy, Marissa, Michale, Taylor R., Caitlin

Lexi: Sarah N., Avneet, Daniel

What were you most proud of this year?
Jordyn: I got a 100% every time on my spelling test

Lexi: making projects for open house, making gingerbread houses and learning songs to sing for parents’ day.

What did you like to eat for lunch?
Jordyn: if I had hot lunch, then the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Lexi: chips snd peanut butter & honey sandwich

How did you get to school most days?
Jordyn: in my mom or dad’s car

Lexi: in daddy’s car or in his bike trailer

How did you feel at school?
Jordyn: sad when my friends were mean. Happy when my friends played with me and gave me stuff.

Lexi: happy, especially when my teacher read to us.

How do you feel about starting second/first grade?
Jordyn: I feel kind of sad to leave Mrs. Kandarian, but happy to see my new teacher.

Lexi: I’m sad to leave kindergarten and shy to start 1st grade.


1 comment:

Beth said...

That is such a good idea to interview them at the end of the year. Remind me to do that next year. It sounds like they both loved their teachers.