Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dance Recital Week!


Anyone reading these posts probably feels exhausted just thinking about all the activities I'm blogging about. Even though it has been a busy couple of weeks, in reality it's been more spread out than the blog makes it seem. I'm just doing tons of catch-up!

The girls have their annual dance recital every June. That usually means a week full of......well, hairspray! We had pictures, dress-rehearsal and then the recital all within one week. By last night (the recital) I was not feeling like the nicest mommy while fixing their hair and asking them to "stand like a statue", or "please hold still or you'll get burned", or "What? You have to go potty AGAIN after putting on your costume??".

Really, the fun memories are what lasts and the stressful parts fade. Which is why we've done it for five years now! This was Jordyn's 5th recital and Lexi's 4th. It was extra fun to put them in the same class this year (along with cousin Lyric), so they all wore matching costumes and practiced together each week!

This year the girls all had a nervous excitement. Lexi has to pee a million times and won't eat beforehand, but no one freaked out or cried or said they didn't want to do it (as has happened in years past). In fact, they kept telling me they wished they could dance on the big stage every day!

So here are some pics from the week:

Lindy fixing Lyric's hair for dance pictures


Me and Lexi


The pretty dancers, all ready for the photos!



Me and my three girls


Lindy and Lyric
Paxton and Peyton are very wild any time they are together. This pic shows how they were the entire time at the dance studio during pics!

This one too....


Another shot of the three girls by some pretty green grape vines...

Walking like pretty little ladies to their dress-rehearsal

Performance time!


The night of the recital, Grandma and Grandpa came to cheer on their little dancers!
Grandma!


Grandpa!


2 comments:

britt said...

I don't know how you do it with 2, I hardly have the patience with one! How fun they all got to be in the same class and have the same costume. As fun as it is to get them all dolled up, its nice to be done for a while, right?! Ame is taking a summer ADVANCED class, to get ready for competition team in the fall. So she will have another smaller recital in august.
Speaking of summer-did you say you are making a trip out here? Well you will definitely have to let me know the dates. And I know you have a lot of offers of places to stay, but if you need one, we've got LOTS of room now!

Tara said...

SO much FUN with girls!!! And I love the family pic at the end, love it. (I know this sounds wierd, but I wish I had tucker's hair, I LOVE the salt/pepper look, honestly!)