Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just Like a Child

Our kids really like it when we have Family Home Evening. Sadly, I have not been very consistent at it lately. Usually, if I'm teaching them a lesson, it is a very short and sweet experience because their attention spans aren't terribly long. We do a song, a prayer a little lesson (on anything in the world ranging from spiritual, to manners to a family issue we may be having). Then a treat.

Last week, I decided to ask Jordyn if she would prepare a musical number for our Family Home Evening that night. Usually, we pick a song from church (either a hymn they know or a primary song) and sing it together. But I asked her if she would prepare something to present to us by herself. I was curious what she would do with the challenge, and she seemed excited by it. First she asked me if she could sing a High School Musical song, but I asked her if she could keep it a little more on the spiritual side that night. So she skipped off to her room.

I have to say how impressed I was with what she came up with! She took the tune of the primary song "My Daddy is my Favorite Pal" and wrote her own words. (No edits)

Chose the Right

I herd this speicil mesige
It stands for chose the right.
I herd about it in my prars.
And I know it helps me too.
And soon or later Jesus will come
bake (back) to Earth someday.

We never know wen just close your eyes
and then he'll come again.


Isn't that great? I was very impressed with her sweet little testimony. Thanks Jo-Jo! I love you!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! I am impressed! That is just the sweetest thing. I think when I was her age I was writing a story about a cat...not quite as good as a song or poem about the Savior!