Monday, May 04, 2009

.....And it's Monday

Thanks for the birthday wishes and encouragement! I'm adjusting. My mom heard my complaints and got me a little gag-gift. It's a bottle of lotion called "The Skin Under Your Chin" for the wrinkles on my neck......and I use it daily!!

But anyway, we had a GREAT little get-a-way.

Only ventured 20 miles down the road and had a great time! Dinner at Fugazzi's, went to see "17 Again" at the theatre (funny!), slept in, yummy breakfast, shopping (which is not as fun when you have no money) and lunch at Applebee's with a giftcard I had. Our kids were happy as clams with Gma and Gpa and even asked if we could stay gone one more night! They had McDonald's, donuts and swam in their pool! THANKS a TON MOM and DAD!!

Apparently, there is permanent deterioration to my brain that a night away can't fix. Because Sunday morning, I was getting the kids ready for church and talking to Tucker and I literally layed Lexi down on the couch and started taking her panties off so I could change her diaper. Remember, she's 5 1/2. It wasn't until she said "Mom! What are you doing?" that I snapped out of it and realized she wasn't Peyton! Poor kid! We did get a good family laugh out of it though!

Two things: Peyton WAS potty trained until she had a week of diahrrea and reverted. And Tucker has had a kidney stone for the past week and went to the hospital yesterday because the pain was so bad and it showed that the kidney stone has already passed in the spot where all the pain is......AND that he has two more on the other side. 10 years ago, he had this and the stones were so big he had to have them lasered. Poor guy.

8 comments:

Tara said...

OH my goodness, I understand that so much! I do things like that ALL the time! Get kids mixed up, put milk away in the hall closet and sugar in the fridge, nag the kids about getting ready for school when they need to get ready for bed. Stuff like that. For me, it's gotten worse as I have more diverse things on my plate with the kids spread out and in such different phases. (I include Bill in that mix) Parents don't realize how much a teacher does behind the scenes, maybe they wouldn't complain so much if they did. You are amazing Jay! I hope things level out sooner than later, and you get SLEEP! Talk to you later!

K Western said...

Lexi's panty/diaper story cracks me up. I do things like that all the time and my kids just look at me like "what are doing, mom?" It is crazy being a mom.

I'm glad you had a great getaway for your birthday. Sorry to hear about Tucker's kidney stones. No fun!!

britt said...

OK THAT was an interesting post. From the exciting and eventful birthday fun, to the changing Lexi funny story, to the not so fun potty training challenge and kidney stones. Boy YOU have a lot on your plate! Glad you were at least able to enjoy YOUR bday.

Eliza2006 said...

I laughed so hard I cried as I was reading the Lexi story to my mom. Poor girl. Hopefully there will be no therapy needed when she's grown! You should have taken that extra day your parents offered!!! Tell your mom if she's craving kid time, she is certainly welcome to come to my house and indulge herself while I slip away for a day or two!

*Jessica* said...

Happy Birthday Jamie, I was talking to some friends the other day about how I wonder when I am in my forties if then I'll feel like I am in my thirties. It's very wierd. It definantly makes you look at our moms differently. What happened with Lexi happens to me all teh time I call it automom!

Beth said...

so sorry tucker about the kidney stones. That sounds terrible. And I'm still laughing about changing lexi!

Owen said...

Happy Birthday! You are officially wonder woman at this point! I can't believe you can even remember your own name at this point!!

MJW said...

Vicodin...for both of you.