Sunday, May 24, 2009

Swim Team

So we decided to add fuel to our busy fire and let the girls join our town's swim team. It's a really big deal in our small town and I've put it off the last two years (when Jordyn was old enough to try). This year, Jordyn and Lexi were both old enough to join, so it made it seem more do-able.

Swim team is quite a commitment! Practice is 5 days a week from 5-6pm for a month. Then the swim meets are every Tues/Thur for a few weeks. It's hotter than HECK outside and it changes up our evenings quite a bit. But they have loved it so much that it makes it much more tolerable.

They had their official team try-outs last night. To qualify, they had to make it across the (big) pool without touching the lane divider. I was really nervous! So was Jordyn...she was near tears....but she ended up doing GREAT! And Lexi didn't show a single nerve. She stayed quiet and focused.....and she rocked it too!

Hope me, Tucker and Pey survive the hot evenings at the pool!!


Lexi sitting poolside, waiting for her turn

Jordyn, practicing her kicks

5 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Looks fun, you crazy girl!

Unknown said...

I LOVED swim team when I was little. I wish there was something like that around here.

Beth said...

I can't believe how many posts I just read. wow, swim team that is brave of you. I bet it could be the first of many years for you. I bet you see Becky down there. I always thought that was a wonderful sport to be involved in for the kids. I'm going to propose family movie night to Dane. Such a basic idea, but sounds fun.

britt said...

I am soo impressed. Your girls just seem so young to be doing it. I can't remember for sure what age I was when I started? I wish my kids were even close to being able to swim like that. I WISH even more that my parents had a pool!!!!
fun times. I have soo many memories of swim team.

K Western said...

I love cousin time and am sad that my kids are now four hours away from their cousins instead of the 20 minutes. Good luck with the swim team. Ashlyn really wants to be on one, but the one around here is year round. Weird! Too much commitment for me right now.
We've started doing a family movie night, too, and have enjoyed it. I struggle, too, at not wanting to turn on the laptop.
I still would love to have your bread recipe. It looks delicious!