Friday, May 08, 2009

Being 32 Means I'm Now Chaperoning


At Clay Elementary, they do two dances per year for the 6-8th graders. But it's not just any ol' dance. It's more like a lesson in dance etiquite. Every kid has to dance every single song. Boys have to serve hor de'ouvers to the girls and the songs are all clean. So, I got to go chaperone tonight and it was a blast! I really like the girls I work with. Since the theme was "Flashback to the 60's,70's, 80's and 90's", we got all decked out! The students thought we were hilarious dancing around and loving all the "old school" music (that they just cannot fully appreciate). It's still funny for me to hear "Mrs. Maxfield!!!".....like when they all were chanting to me to have MY turn dancing to Ice Ice Baby!

My girls were fascinated with my clothing and makeup. As I was getting ready, they were asking me a million questions. And as I tried to explain to my five and seven year old about the "1980's" and realized that it is 2009....it just freaked me out!!! How is that nearly 30 years ago? S-C-A-R-Y!!! Anyway, Lexi really didn't want me to leave the house looking like I did. She kept saying "Moooom, I don't want you to wear that to the dance!!". Jordyn, on the other hand, loved everything I was wearing and wants me to teach her some dances. Peyton has stars in her eyes for me regardless of what I'm wearing. So cute.

3 comments:

K Western said...

Love the outfits!! Especially the pegged pants. I can't believe I'm old enough to say I did that. Looks like a lot of fun!

Janessa Couch said...

You look so cute, love your clothes. The dance sounds like a lot of fun.

britt said...

you did a great job on that outfit. I am sure those 6th graders got a kick out of that! And funny reaction from your girls too! Oh what fun, with the flashback :)