Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cousins!

(Jordyn-7, Lexi-5 1/2, Lyric-4, Peyton-2 1/2, Paxton-almost 2)



I think it's so special that our girls get to live around some of their cousins. That's something I always wanted growing up, but we lived hours from our cousins. It was still special to see them, but not as often as I would have liked. So I always love to see the relationships our girls have with Lyric and Paxton. It's a close sibling-like relationship, which is priceless.

We don't have work/school tomorrow, so Lindy came over with Lyric and Paxton for a leisurely and late evening. It's amazing how loud/intense our 5 kids are when they are together! But they have so much fun too! Even though we've had really hot days, our evenings have still been beautiful, so we took the kids on a walk tonight around the neighborhood. Besides Peyton trying to open every single car door she saw....and Paxton chasing cats into the middle of the street, it was a beautiful walk!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree- I am so glad my kids get to grow up with Ava. They definitely have a more sibling like relationship and I always wanted that with my cousins.

britt said...

I too am grateful that my kids get to live close to most of their cousins. ALthough it isn't quite as close as you guys, it is still great. They still LOVE to get together, and all get along so well!

Melvin and Carly said...

It's great that your kids get to live so close to their cousins. I'm loving that for my kids too.

Looks like the Swedish Festival was fun. And I always smile when I see a box of SunMaid raisins and think of Kingsburg. :)

Congrats to Jordyn and Lexi for making the swim team! Hope it's fun.

Janessa Couch said...

I love cousin get togethers. We also lived away from cousins and I wanted to make sure we always had a family member wherever we lived; so far so good.