Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Before I had kids in school....and before I was in school myself.....I found it hard to fully do justice to the small holidays. But now that I've spent time in an elementary classroom, I'm reminded that they pay plenty of attention ALL month long to all the small holidays (like St. Patrick's Day), so I no longer feel guilty.

Last night, on the way to piano, Lexi was talking all about how the Leprechauns visited their classroom and tipped over all their chairs and left them a pot of gold. It was magical as she re-told what happened. I saw Jordyn's face drop a little when she realized all she did was color 4-leaf clovers all month, but no magical story like that (totally up to the teacher's own creativity! No pressure...).

So I figured I needed to do something magical for them. Tucker met me at piano and I went home a bit early to get dinner started. So when they walked in the door, I told them that Leprechauns must have visited us while we were gone because everything I cooked kept turning green!!! They were SOOOOO excited!!!!




Hope we don't all get sick from the green food coloring!



(I hope my posts even make sense these days. I just sort of type without much re-reading or editing........or thought, for that matter!)

No comments: