Sunday, March 08, 2009

Peyton and Grandma

(Isn't this the cutest picture ever?)


I've been meaning to document Peyton's weekly day with my Mom. Every Wednesday, my mom picks Pey up from her pre-school and spends nearly 5 hours with her. Pey gets very special treatment during this time since she gets Grandma all to herself.

Starting the night before, Peyton starts to talk about Grandma picking her up from school. She squeals with delight when my mom walks in the preschool door to get her, and falls happily into her special time. Bernice (my mom's dog) is also waiting in the car for her. I think Pey considers Bernice one of her cousins, so she loves this.

Then they get home, and my mom makes "Pey's Buffet Tray" of food. She gives her as many options as she can think of.




She then gets to play with the dollhouse (which was Kristy's from 18 years ago), and will only play with ONE of the little babies for some strange reason. Grandma gets down on the floor with her and they play with toy after toy after toy.



Pey rocks on this caterpillar until she falls backwards on purpose! Wild kid.


Then it's "tubby time". Pey gets to soak in Grandma's bathtub and play with toys and bubbles.


Finally, she gets to lotion and powder all she wants. I'm not sure if this is a daily occurance, but on the day I took the pics it was part of the "fun".

Finally, she goes down for a nice long nap in the portable crib! After that special treatment, who WOULDN'T want some beauty rest!

It is so special to me that Pey gets to have this one-on-one time with Grandma. It's a rare thing when you're the third child. And it's so comforting to me that, even though I'm gone a lot right now, she gets some special treatment from other family members. (I'll have to do a post about her day at Lindy's. Lindy....be ready for me to photograph throughout your house! Ha ha)

Thanks Mom/Grandma for setting aside such special time for Peyton!!!

5 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

When I have grandchildren I vow to be a grandma just like her. I love when they get down on the ground, to their level, and play with the kids.

britt said...

Oh that makes me miss my mom. Ame's favorite b4 she started REAL school, was to have GRANDMA's school. Kaipo can't wait for that, when she gets home!!

Tabitha said...

All of those pictures are so cute! Grandma's are the best!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

What a special treat for Peyton and Grandma!! I love that your mom spends time with each of the grandkids one on one. They will treasure it forever.

That picture with Peyton and your mom in the bathroom is my favorite!! So cute!!

K Western said...

What cute pictures! How fun for Peyton to hang out with grandma. Your mom really is the best! She is so much fun and her grand kids love her! She is such a great example to me.