Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Trying to Get Organized

So, as my fellow blogger and friend Debbie recently posted, I have been trying to get organized with all the kids clothes around here. It's like a mind trick to keep organized with three girls....which clothes should I save? will she fit into it again? is it worth keeping? is it the right season and size to hand down? And then WHERE does it all go so I don't feel insane? Ugh. Anyway, we recently had closet organizers installed. It gives us more room for shelving and more hanging room. My goal was to have clothes hung lower so the girls can pick out AND put away their own clothing (at least a little). So, we're slowly but surely getting there. It's made me feel a little crazy lately to have our house in a bit of an upheavel, but I'm finally feeling a little calmer about it all. I have a feeling you never really ARRIVE at and STAY organized...its a CONSTANT journey. So take a deep breath and relax (constant chant to self).

here is one of our closets before...

here is what the rooms looked like w/the closet stuff all over the place...

we took EVERYthing out of the closets...

...and here is a still-in-progress version of one of the girl's closets NOW!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

we did the same thing when we moved into this house, made the closet hangers lower for the boys. i love it! i love how you put a comment on my blog about it being worse with 3 kids of the same sex because i totally agree! good luck with the closet organizers, yours look really nice:)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Good job Jme. I attempted this a couple of weeks ago and it took almost 6 hours. I love the idea of having the hangers lowered. Looks great!!

Chris Grover said...

wow, that is such a huge difference! it looks GREAT! i completely understand your feelings on organizing because i honestly feel like organizing is going to be the death of me sometimes! but the feeling when a project like that is done is so nice!