Thursday, April 05, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday Jordyn!!

Today was Jordyn's 5th birthday! What a big girl! It was so cute to see HOW excited she was about the day! It made me want to make it as fun as possible for her (which was hard since her birthday party wasn't till 3:00 and she and Lexi decided to fight A TON today). So, she awoke to a present by her bedroom door, I made her chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, she had a special new dress with a special "birthday girl" ribbon, we watched the videos of when she was a baby, and then she had a party at the bowling alley with some friends and family.

It all turned out very fun and I think the kids all had a great time! As we were watching the home videos of what life was like 5 years ago today, it made me realize HOW MUCH happens in such a short amount of time!!! I even think Tucker and I looked so much younger then....I guess kids age you! It was a little sad when, as we were watching the video when I was in the hospital before Jordyn was born, Jordyn asked why I was sad and crying. I tried to explain that she was going to be born WAYYYYY too early and Mommy was scared. She understands a little more each year of her "story". I think it will be special to her someday. Anyway, Happy Birthday Jordyn! We love you so much!!!

Look at that cute girl!

Turning "5"!!




The whole gang at the party

I want a ball!!!




Check out that stance!


All the kids havin' fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought about Jordyn all day long yesterday. Savannah had a bowling party last year. It is a fun way to celebrate (and not at your house!) Anyway, 5 years ago I was in the hospital with you pregnant with vannah now- well so much has changed but something is exactly the same:)

Chris Grover said...

I sometimes tend to get distracted with life and just get in my mind that time doesn't pass too quickly. It's seeing things like Jordyn turning FIVE and Lindy pregnant with her second, and you with THREE kids and Kristy and Ryan as teenagers that make me realize that time definitely does not stand still! Happy Birthday to Jordyn -- she is so beautiful with her long red hair and happy smile! And Jamie, you do such a good job making birthdays special -- I'm sure she LOVED her day so much! Thanks for everything yesterday too ;) -- you're so awesome! And my gosh, look how thin you look! You look great!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Wow!! I can't believe Jordyn is five- time flies by.. Looks like it was a fun party- Jordyn is such a cutie pie!! I love her bday cake - You make the best cakes Jamie!!!