Friday, March 30, 2007

I Love It

I just love seeing kids learn. Lexi has recently been interested in writing her name, so today I asked her to practice and this is what I got:


I think I counted 11 "legs" on her "E". Isn't that cute? I used to do the same thing - I honestly thought that the more "legs" on the "E", the better it was. I'm sure it's a common kid thing, but I just love it.

Another laugh Lexi gave me today:
We were at Costco, and when we went through the check-out, she was in the cart on the other side of the checkstand than me. She kept mouthing something to me and smiling really big, and doing some unique signing with her hands trying to tell me something. I kept saying "what?", but didn't undertand what she was telling me, so I just smiled and said "Mmmm, hmmmm" like a good mommy. So we finished checking out and I walked over to push her in the cart and she said in an embarrased tone"Mommy, why does that boy have earrings?". I looked back and the checker had huge black gauge earrings and, in her little mind, she was TRYING to figure out why in the world that would ever be. I just laughed and tried to explain that lots of different types of people wear earrings. Constant entertainment, I tell ya!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

ev used to do the same thing with his e's and i loved it. that is so cute!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

It's soo cute!! I love the 20 lines on the E!!