Monday, March 19, 2007

Dentist

There are many "firsts" you go through as a parent, and the dentist is one of the inevitable ones. Because this was our first time, it caused me much anxiety, which I tried to NOT pass on to my kids! The girls actually did GREAT. We made it a fun family affair, and they kindly let our whole family in the room at once. I was so proud of how brave they were. Lexi's teeth look fine so far (they didn't do x-rays yet since she is still young), but unfortunately Jordyn is not so lucky. She must have inherited my weak teeth. She has a cavity so deep in one molar, that she has to have it completely removed! She also has to have her front left tooth removed because she chipped it when she was younger and the root has died and become infected. Ugh. Not fun. But at least their first experience was positive a one, right?



4 comments:

Katie said...

Hooray!!! I am so excited that it went well. Just remember that the tooth fairy still needs to visit for teeth taken out at the dental office, in fact... she might pay more! You may need to research that. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Jordyn is going to have to go through that- what a nightmare.

Eliza2006 said...

Poor Jordy! Glad the first visit went well!

Debbie said...

this is something we need to do with our boys but i am so nervous about it. glad to hear it went well for your girls.