Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Morning I am Thankful

So, last week was my first week of non-teaching and somehow I thought it would be more relaxing than it was. Life just seems to keep a fast-pace no matter what. I filled up my time being more of a mom (its amazing how long it takes running kids to and from EVERYTHING), which was great. I also spent a lot of time preparing to sell things at the Kingsburg Car Show (we set up booths in front of Trinkets & Treasures).

But this morning I am thankful to be home. I am thankful that the many things on my to-do list let me do them from home. I get to sit on my couch and design signs for Trinkets, do some contract work for my dad and figure out some finances....all from my computer at home. Which means I woke up and cooked my kids pancakes, while in my PJs. Finished up their homework, signed some notes, fixed their hair and got Jordyn and Lexi out the door for school. I've sat on the couch while it pours rain outside and played starfall.com with Peyton. I get to snuggle with her, teach her and laugh with her.

I can accept all the running around that life requires, and while I appreciate the experiences I have with working in the schools and at Trinkets, I also love the contrast of being at home (even if it is messy). I'm trying to appreciate all the little things I get to do with my kids....practicing piano, reading, cleaning, homework, talking....and all the things that can feel mundane at times. I am grateful that I GET to do those things because they truly are a privilege.

1 comment:

britt said...

I NEED to be MORE thankful for those mundane things that I GET to do, because sometimes all I do is complain that THAT is all I ever do. I am lucky I GET to stay home for now, because I will not always have that luxury!!!
thanks for the reminder :)