Monday, April 12, 2010

Eight is Great!

Jordyn was lucky that her big birthday fell on a holiday with NO school! So we could relax and have fun! In the LDS church, 8 is a big birthday because it's the age she can choose to be baptized. So I struggled to find the right balance of birthday celebration knowing that the most important part would be the baptism.

I made her yummy pancakes, eggs and bacon for breakfast....even put a candle in them to start the day out right! Lindy and Paxton came over to eat with us (Lyric was a school) and our neighbors Ava and Emma brought over some gifts and stayed to eat too! Fun morning!



Then Jordyn opened a few gifts from us. Her most exciting was her American Girl doll. She's been talking about getting one for about six months. I was surprised because she seems like she could be exiting the doll phase, but one of her closest friends has one and I'm sure that helps! Lucky for her, I had found a GREAT deal on one before Christmas and was storing it just for her bday. I even ordered a baptism dress for her doll!



Jordyn had a very specific request for her cake this year. She even sketched it out. "A temple, with me standing in front of it by some water ready to get baptized". And that's what she got!


Tucker took Jordyn to the movies to see "How to Train a Dragon" in 3-D with her friend Madi Lorang. And then Olivia and Emma came over for a bit. Finally, we all gathered at Me-n-Ed's for pizza that evening!

(Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids and Jordyn's friends from school)


Friends from Mrs. Stone's class: Emma, (Jordyn), Madi and Olivia. They were all so giggly and funny together!

Me and my girl!



Jordyn got a kick out of the HUGE gift bag that my mom and dad brought her gift in. My mom put 8 presents inside, one for each year. If that's the "rule", then maybe turning 33 won't be so bad? wink wink



Lexi and Grandpa

Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us. I love you Jordyn. You know how to keep me on my toes and are a huge source of happiness and energy in our family! Hope you had a great 8th birthday sweet girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Savannah got one of those dolls from my mom for Christmas and Loves it. I am glad she isn't past the doll stage- I'm all for keeping them young as long as possible. FYI- I found CHEAP clothes for it on ebay. Looks like a fun bday.

britt said...

I can't believe she is 8! Looks like she had a great day, and WOW on that cake!!