Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ear Piercing

Jordyn has always been afraid of the pain of getting her ears pierced. So it's never really been an issue of "when" to do it. I remember BEGGING my mom as a kid to let me pierce my ears. I had zero fear of the pain....it sounded worth any price of pain to me! But we had a rule we had to wait till we were 12.

So it sort of evolved to be a special treat to go get Jordyn's ears pierced with her cousin Alyson while she was visiting for the baptism. Something to make turning 8 even more special! For some reason, having Alyson come, made Jordyn's fears go away. They have a really special bond and we knew this would be such a fun memory for them. So Lindy, Carly and I took them to the mall for some ear piercing action.


They were so indecisive when picking out the earrings, but finally decided on a muti-color flower (matching)



I love this picture of Jordyn. It's totally her nervous face. And Alyson is taking some deep lamaze breaths!


Look at Alyson, so strong and steady. She went first.

And then it was Jordyn's turn. She was so calm and brave. And it hurt a lot less than she thought! She was so thrilled when it was over! She admitted that it made her feel "older".


And the final shot of the earring twins!

3 comments:

britt said...

Oh what a BIG day to get her ears pierced! How fun to do it WITH her cousin :)

Eliza2006 said...

For some reason, Jordyn's nervous face and Alyson's lamaze breathing is making me laugh with tears in my eyes...funny and exciting!

K Western said...

Wow! Such brave girls. Now Ashlyn wants her ears pierced, too.