Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jordyn's Baptism!

What a special day! I feel so grateful and full of thanks for such supportive family and close friends. Jordyn had a wonderful and special baptism day! I hope she always remembers it...at least some of her feelings from it.

I loved the talks given by Gam and Grandma. I loved the notes everyone wrote her to put in her binder. I love the slideshow I made her with the song "What Heaven Sees in You". I love the people in the ward who stayed (and starved) after church to support us. I loved all the primary children singing "I Know That My Savior Loves me". I loved being able to help her change from her wet clothes...just she and I during those few minutes. I loved watching her....as a separate entity from me...have a special moment that was all HERS. I loved that the food BARELY fed everyone there afterward. And most of all, I love being Jordyn's Mom.

When we got home from church....I asked Jordyn to write a few things down about her special day. That was a lot to ask since she was tired, distracted by company and not in the mood....but here is what I got from her (I let her type it on the computer):

"Today I went to church. I got to get “BAPTIZED”!!!! It was SUUPPEEER FUN!! My family, friends, cousins, grandmas, grandpas and ALL the other people from my ward were there. I felt so so so so GREATFUL that I even felt the SPIRIT!!I got to read something that was short but it was about baptism. My cousins named Alyson & lyric read some too. It was a paper that talked about Jesus and how to obey him. My grandma Blasco gave the talk. The water was really warm when I got baptized. When I got in, people asked if the water was warm. It was fun getting baptized. When I was in class I um got some jolly ranchers and a book. Then I missed some of my class because I had to take pictures. I got confirmed by my dad he also baptized me.. My grandpas were there in the circle and my uncle I felt really happy."

















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great. I still have never heard of baptisms on Sunday except for the good old valley. Savannah is still trying to get baptized in Bear Lake over Labor Day. It is in the works. We will see if it pans out.

Beth said...

We thought of you on this day. We looked at the clock during lunch and did the math and realized that the baptism was happening. WE WISH so much we could have been there. Congrats Jordyn. we love you.

K Western said...

What a special day! I'm so glad you got to live in the moment and enjoy being the mom of such a beautiful girl. We're so happy for Jordyn.