Monday, February 05, 2007

Mom Shirl

On our trip, we also were able to visit with my Grandma on my dad's side - although it's strange to refer to her as 'Grandma' because call her Mom Shirl, and always have. She is the cutest and sweetest lady. As life goes on and gets more full, it seems that visits like these are few and too far between.

It was so great to see her and fun to hear she and my dad reminisce about old times. I have such an appreciation for the strong woman she is. I look at this picture of her as a beautiful young girl, and still see that same beauty in her now at almost 81 years old, but with an amazing amount of wisdom in her eyes. I'm so glad Peyton also got to meet her Great-Mom Shirl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- your grandma is beautiful! Your dad has a white goatie! You look great- skinny. Great times:)

Carlotta said...

kelly looks like mom shirl!!!