Tuesday, February 27, 2007

$37 Richer

Tonight I ran to the Dollar Tree...for no other reason but to have an hour alone. I was pleasantly surprised at some of the cute Easter stuff they had, so I started throwing Easter basket supplies in my cart, among lots of other "necessities". My total rang up to $37, which gets you a lot at the Dollar Tree! Then comes the part I hate. This doesn't happen often, but to my dissapointment I opened my wallet to find NO credit or debit card! Ugh. The line was backed up behind me and the girl may as well have been a 1st grader with how inexperienced she was. It was embarrassing and annoying. So, I went home empty handed - and $37 dollars richer!

4 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Same thing happened to me last Thursday after I had been clothes shopping for about two hours. It was embarassing!! But like you said you are $37 richer.

Carlotta said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is the worst and it reminds me of when we were little and mom drove through that fosters freeze in visalia and we ordered the chocolate dipped ice cream and we got to the window and no wallet. Even as I kid I thought I was going to DIE!

Chris Grover said...

That's the optimistic way to look at it -- no debit card = extra money! Haa! Man, I HATE when that happens cause I NEVER carry cash, and I never write checks anymore!

britt said...

That is the worst, because you were probably so excited about your bargain finds. And what is the likelyhood that you will go back and pick out everything again.
Doesn't it feel like such a waste of time?????????When your ALONE time is so valuable.