Friday, July 28, 2006

My Grandma

I just barely downloaded this picture from a while back, but I just had to post a little blurb about it. This is my Grandma (my mom's mom) and I just love her to death. She is a one-of-a-kind soul! She has always been the most giving person I know and is a very strong woman. Now that she's nearing 80, I can see her health wearing her down. But she's got a fighting spirit and so much tenacity that I think she'll be around for quite a while. So much of what I've learned from Grandma is woven throughout my life on a daily basis....little things, like every time I see a full trash can in my house, I picture how hers are ALWAYS empty, even if there was only one tissue in it that day! Every time I butter my toast, I picture her talking about "real butter" and "lots of it" on her toast. Every time I see Famous Amos cookies at the store, I'm tempted to buy them...not only because they are SOOOO good, but because she ALWAYS has them in her cupboard! These are just a very few of the little things that make me think of my Grandma. I don't seem to make it to Anaheim to visit her as often as I'd like anymore, but her home will always be a sort of "home base" for me. It's the only house that has been a part of my life since birth and her decorations, her photos on the wall and the memories I have there are absolutely priceless to me. I wish you had internet to see this Grandma, but I love you so much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grandmas are the best- they seem to be made of really special stuff.