Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Girls Get Shots


Oh what a day! The girls were both in need of doctor's check-ups and an update on their shots, so I scheduled them at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone, right? Ugh, what an ordeal! After lots of crying, about 8 needle pokes total, eye exams, hearing exams, etc they really DID survive! The doctor was even a close friend of ours - but you wouldn't have known it by the hysteria my kids displayed! (Don't be fooled by the temporary smiles in the photos!) I'm so thankful my mom came with us. She's such a natural "coach" in those stressful situations. She even climbs on the doctor table with the girls! I couldn't have done it without her today.

The happy news is Jordyn is all registered for pre-school now (the exam was our last step) and starts in a few weeks! She's very excited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have made that mistake before- getting shots for both of my kids at the same tim- It would have helped to have another adult there!

Chris Grover said...

Wow, that IS an ordeal! But as long as they can smile when all is said and done, you know you have been successful! Thank goodness for grandmas!