Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Season Fun

Harmony is a highlight of the Christmas Season. Even though it's a busy month already, these 12 performances really add to the spirit of the season.  I love the feeling that we are spreading happiness and cheer, especially to people who are easily forgotten about.  I'm so grateful my mom started this group so many years ago and that it is still spreading love to others even to this day!



I really appreciated Jill coming to watch one of my performances!


Mrs. Stone and I - an unlikely friendship if you consider our age and stages of life.  But sometimes a friendship connection is unexplained and undeniable.  We don't get to see eachother as often these days, but every few months we try to have lunch, even if we are sitting at a student's desk in her classroom, eating quickly before the kids come in!  We were able to squeeze in a dinner date to Sakura Chaya, a teppanyaki place that we both LOOOOVE.


 My goodness, my feelings on Elfie are pretty extensive.  But I won't write them all here.  I just know that Peyton LOVES him and it brings her so much joy to see where he lands each morning. This year, he was pretty creative!
 



As if December wasn't busy enough, Lexi's class went to science camp for four days in December.  I'm so grateful for the parents that take that many days out of their lives to go be chaperones!  I know it's not easy, especially because she has like 18 girls in her class.   That's a lot of giggling!  Lexi had so much fun and absolutely made the best memories.  I was happy to hear that since I was worried she would be homesick and cold.


Annnnd...as if it wasn't busy enough yet again, I decided to paint the kitchen.  I've hated the red for the last year and I finally made a decision on a tan color for the walls, and painted it. Looks so much better!  Then, I will paint the cabinets black soon.


We had a fun date afternoon with Roberta and her girls.  We went to see the Nutcracker play in Fresno, where our friend Ava Jones was one of the Jesters.  It was a fun afternoon and we went to eat Teppenyaki afterward. 




 Jill threw a big Christmas Dinner party at her house and invited like 12 couples over.  She and Josh cooked a delicious dinner and even invited the Dickens Carolers from the high school over to serenade us.  It was beautiful and our Ashton was one of the amazing singers.


Just a pic I took one night while enjoying the ambiance of the christmas lights.

Clay Christmas Concert!  Peytons face is hid by one of the microphone stands.
 Silly 8th Graders



Lindy, Kylee and Grandma were able to come support the girls at their Christmas Concert.

I love this picture because my head is 8,000 bigger than my mom's LOL



No comments: