Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Carol, Band, Dogs, Dance...and The Kitchen Sink

Sometimes you just gotta do a kitchen sink post! Here goes!

So Carol and I have been friends now for five years. She had Jordyn for one year and Lexi for two years in second grade. And then I stayed her main "mom "and sub even when I didn't have kids in her class. We just have a friendship that is unique and I really love her. When she decided to stop teaching in Kingsburg this year, it was a huge deal and a huge decision. But somehow, as fate would have it, she took a job in Lemoore teaching at a Christian school that her grandkids go to, and guess who took a job nearby? That's right!  am in Lemoore at least once a week, and maybe once every six weeks we get to have lunch together.

Lindy and I decided that we needed to do a get to know you post on our Facebook page because both of us are really comfortable with anonymity. But part of what makes a good business is people feeling connected to you and so we decided to put some pictures on our page and put some descriptions of who we are! People seemed to really like it.


Jordyn got to play her flute and march with the high school band at a football game recently. Several junior highs in the area came and joined the high school for a evening. She was so incredibly nervous and did not want to do it, but I think it ended up being a good experience and it was really fun to see her out there.




For the past four months we have been trying to figure out ways to get Rusty to stop digging out of the backyard. It really is infuriating how many times we have to throw him in the tub because he digs in the mud. So disgusting!

Some of the sunset sthis fall that you can see really easy from our street are so beautiful!

I've missed a few weeks, but I have tried to make my mom healthy muffins every week since September. Got to get her immune system strong!

These crazy dogs! They really are my children. Taking them to the groomers can be quite the experience. This was on the way there, and then and after picture of their haircuts



Downtown Kingsburg had a really huge event in November. It was ladies night out that included all 26 of the downtown businesses who wanted to participate. I was going to be out-of-state for it, so I took on the role of organizing it and delegating the duties. Here was the spreadsheet I text out to everyone.

I really am grateful for my job teaching the blind children. But I genuinely miss working with adults because I don't get to do it much anymore. This is Chris, one of my favorite clients. He is totally blind after a heart transplant for unexplainable reasons. He and his wife Kelly are some of the most interesting people I've met.

Occasionally, Roberta at the dance company will tell us about a master teacher who is holding a class in Fresno and gives us the option to join the Fresno studio. Recently, Peter Chu came to Fresno to teach a class and so Jordyn and Lexi got to go experience and improv class with him. It was really cool! Hannah already has been teaching some of his work in her lyrical class, so they have been exposed to his style.


After the dance class that day, I took them to a few stores in Fresno. It seems like we never have time to shop and the girls are in desperate need of winter clothing. It was the first rainy day we had had in several months!I had fun with them, but it really is hard to help them narrow down and make choices when shopping. Especially Lexi! She had a hard time not focusing on every single thing ELSE except what she needed for clothing! I told Tucker that we wouldn't be home for about two more weeks if I wait until we were finished.


We decided to experiment with making a toast stretcher. Miss Jessie has one she bought for like $75 and it helps them with their points. So we tried making one at home.

Good ol' harmony, somehow I'm still hanging in there with it. We have had a few rehearsals at my house because I have the big dance mirrors and it helps us to see our choreography.

No comments: