Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to School – Teachers and Dinner

Well…its that time of year again!  School starts tomorrow! Summer goes SO much faster as an adult than it felt as a kid, doesn’t it?

We had a great summer. Swimming, cousins, Grandparents, Utah, friends, sleeping in, spending lots of time together and no-schedule! And a few weeks ago I was worried that it felt too short…but it actually feels just right and we are all excited and ready for the schedule and routine school brings with it.

 

Yesterday the girls both met their teachers.  They have amazing teachers for this year and I really couldn’t be more thrilled. 

 

Lexi- 2nd Grade – Mrs. Stone

This is our second year with Mrs. Stone.  Jordyn loved her last year and I’m so happy Lexi gets the same experience. She is really indescribable.  I mean, I’d have to write a book to explain all she is and does.  It is undoubtedly her life and her calling to be a teacher.  Through and through.

DSC01038 DSC01039

 

 

Jordyn – 3rd Grade – Mr. Hofer
Mr. Hofer came highly recommended and was our first request for 3rd grade.  Our school system is unique and the school Jo and Lex will go to this year is strictly 2nd and 3rd, with 12 teachers in each grade.  So out of the 12, you can put your top 4.  Jordyn has lots of friends who are in this class as well. I just get the vibe that she is in store for another phenomenal year with Mr. Hofer!

 DSC01040

 

Back to School Dinner

I think this might be our third “Back to School Dinner”.  The kids love it and it makes the whole going-back-to-school-thing even more special.  I let them pick the menu and dessert, and we decorate the table extra special.

Tonight our menu is as follows:

Lemon Crusted Chicken

Homemade Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Corn on the Cob

Salad

Rice

and Dessert: Ice Cream Sundaes with Caramel, chocolate, fudge and whipped cream

 

I don’t really think it’s HOW you do it that matters, it’s just the thought and feeling behind it.  I mean, if our tradition was going to McDonalds for our back to school dinner, it would still be special.

DSC01041 DSC01042

 

Jordyn and Lexi helped me come up with some themes for this school year.  Jordyn wrote them on these paper flowers. 

The Golden Rule

WWJD

My Brain is Special

Obey with Happiness

Healthy food, Healthy bodies

and finally HAVE FUN!

 

DSC01043 DSC01044  DSC01046

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute- I need the lemon crusted Chicken recipe- that sounds so good! We have back to school night tomorrow night and start school on Monday. The kids are excited. I have heard the teachers they got are GREAT, which is always a relief. I am excited to Have Cooper in school all day:)

Jeannine and Neal said...

Does this mean that Tucker got his job? I haven't heard the final report. Love the pics. Love you, Jeannine

K Western said...

What a fun back-to-school night tradition. I can't believe your girls have already started school. We start tomorrow and I'm dragging my feet. I do not want summer to end.