Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Zoo....and Newborn Giraffes

Last week I was able to go to the zoo with Jordyn's class. Mrs. Stone is so cool because most 2nd grade classes don't go, but she's been going for like 30 years and doesn't like to break tradition. After experiencing full-time working...I have a re-newed appreciation for having the opportunity to go on field trips like this with my girls.


Look carefully....there is a baby giraffe hanging halfway out of the mama! Giraffes are prego for 14 months...and then it takes about 45 minutes to give birth. It was pretty amazing that we were there to witness such a cool thing! They had the baby giraffe gated off, so I didn't get a pic of the final outcome :-)




Mrs. Stone got "animal" sunglasses for all the kids! Then she paired us up two kids per parent, so I had Jordyn's good little friend Madi Lorang with us.



I have never seen a camel lay like this! And I love the lemurs and how they lay.


(Madi, Paige L., Emma, Megan, Jordyn and Nathan)





The amazing Mrs. Stone!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! I always try to make sure Ryan or I can go on field trips. My kids love it and I know the teacher needs the help. Ryan went snow shoeing with Savannah's class last month and to the zoo with Coop's class. I am going to Wheeler farm with Coop's class next week. I know it means the world to the kids.