Sunday, May 09, 2010

Turning 33


Last week I had my 33rd birthday. Its so wierd how, as each year passes, I identify less and less with my age. I now understand more the saying "age is just a number". But for a person's initial 25 years, age is SUCH a part of your identity. SO it's strange to transition into it not mattering how old you are.

I am happy to be 33. I have experienced a lot, yet I know I have so much more to experience. I feel sad when I think of people who have not had the chance to live beyond a young age such as this. Tucker's mom, for example. I picture how it must have felt to be dying at the age of 40...leaving behind 5 small children. Feeling like there is SO much of life she had yet to experience! I don't doubt for a second that the peace and joy she experienced as she was welcomed back into the arms of our Savior...that she immediately understood the "whys" of it all. But as a mortal, I would feel sad to leave so much left "undone".

I look forward to years with my children. I look forward to teaching them, traveling with them and sharing the ups and downs with them. I look forward to defining my career path and finishing my Master's. I look forward to getting more in shape. I look forward to going on exotic vacations. I look forward to summer vacations. I look forward to learning new talents and getting to know myself better. I look forward to more memories with dear friends. I have so much to look forward to and I never want to stop feeling that way because it's what keeps you feeling young, I think.

For my birthday, I felt loved. I had a fun day. I requested lunch and a pedicure with my mom and sisters....and that's exactly what I got! It was a rare and enjoyable afternoon. I also got a night out with Tucker, thanks to my neighbor Jenn. Lots of calls, emails, and birthday wishes...and of course chocolate covered strawberries from Rocky Mountain. Thank you!!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you got my card. Sounds like a fun day. Have a great anniversary today! TEN YEARS-

I was thinking yesterday on Mother's Day that we were together last year on Mother's day at the beach. That was so fun.

Love ya

K Western said...

Looks like you had a great birthday. I love the girls' day out and all the pampering. Happy Birthday!