Thursday, May 06, 2010

Fruits of my (non) Labor

I used to really care about my yard. I mean, I used to plant things and go to home depot all the time and check on them daily and....well...then...life just got busier and busier. And before I knew it, my yard was at the bottom of my priority list.

But there is something about this time of year that really sparks it again. And I'm feeling the desire flickering to give my yard some lovin'. So here are some pictures of what beautiful things my plants are doing all by themselves so far!


This is the view down the narrow side of my house, where I have lots of edible things growing.


I have a dwarf lemon tree and it has TONS and TONS of blossoms on it. Way more than ever. Looks like it'll be lemonade for us!


This is the beautiful little blossom for my blackberry vine. Which is also HUGE this year! I just wish they weren't so DANG pokey and thorny! I will be making some yummy blackberry jam!


Why do I think these baby apples are so cute? I have only one Fugi apple tree but it has hundreds of little apples on it!


And here is another view of the Fugi apple tree.

My dwarf lime tree is out of control and needs to be pruned!


Here's hoping I get the bug to plant all my colorful flowers. Tucker keeps begging me. Why do I suddenly feel like I'm 80 years old?


4 comments:

britt said...

I really wish I had all those trees in my yard! We finally just layed SOD, so I have a long ways to go with the trees and flowers, but it is coming SLOWLY!

Tara said...

AWESOME! (don't forget to thin the apples, or you will get piddly tiny fruit worth 2 bites)

Janessa Couch said...

That is funny that you planted blackberries. Ask any Oregonian and they will tell you that our biggest pain are the wild blackberries that grow everywhere. It is wonderful when you get to pick a wonderful blackberry and eat it though. What a fun yard full of so much good food!!

Janessa Couch said...

That is funny that you planted blackberries. Ask any Oregonian and they will tell you that our biggest pain are the wild blackberries that grow everywhere. It is wonderful when you get to pick a wonderful blackberry and eat it though. What a fun yard full of so much good food!!