Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Wild Water Adventures!

It's so fun to have a sister nearby. Lindy and I get to see each other often and our kids probably think they are actually siblings.....but with different homes! In fact, yesterday Peyton proclaimed "Packy is not my cousin....he's my brother!!".

So yesterday we took all the kids to Wild Water Adventures and had a day in the sun & water. A few weeks ago, when we went to the Fresno Grizzlies baseball game, they gave us free tickets to the water park. They are usually $25.99, and we got in free! On top of that, we were bold enough to sell our 6 extra tickets out front of the part for $5 each and make $30 bucks! (Which ended up going straight to JUNK FOOD, but that's not surprising if you know us!)

It was only in the mid 90's, so the sun was bearable. And Jordyn, Lexi and Lyric had a BLAST! Peyton and Paxton....well, they took turns throwing fits. And we wondered why we didn't get a sitter for them. But I'm sure they enjoyed at least a few moments of the day! Our friends, the Scotts, were there....and they invited Jordyn to go with them on the HUGE water slides! She wanted to go, and I felt a little nervous as I watched her walk off. I hoped she'd know how to say "no" if one looked too scary. And after two hours of some mother-worries, they came back and she had a smile on her face! Jennifer Scott said "I can tell Jordyn has some Tucker in her! She came down those HUGE slides with the biggest smile on her face!".....while Jenn's 11 year old was near tears! Oh no, we don't need another adrenaline junkie in our family ;-)






3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Looks like fun. Just so you know, when it hits the mid 90's here, I'm done and can't be outside! You are definitely climatized over there! It's been in the 80's here....a little better, but I prefer the 70's. I have often wondered over the past few years why I do some of the "fun" kid activities that end up being not so fun for the kid. It's nice to know that these things will be more fun as my kids get older. Someone should have told me it's okay to not participate in activities until they are 5 or so! ;)

britt said...

sounds like fun! Much more fun than working in the yard most of day, which is what we did (of course that was AFTER Quinn got in HIS round of golf). But at least it is slowly looking like something more than just a jungle of weeds.
I do agree with tiffany though. I am no longer a tough central cal girl. the 90's are just too hot for this prego girl!!

Tabitha said...

I also love having my sister close! We usually have lots of fun together!