Wednesday, September 23, 2009

School Pics and Kid Reviews

Jordyn: 7 1/2, 2nd Grade

I often look at her long, tall self and wonder how she went from my baby to a big girl so fast. She's smart, opinionated and passionate. She wants to do EVERYTHING. She never wants to go home when we're out.....she always wants to GO somewhere else. Doesn't know how to have "down time" but mommy knows when she needs it. She craves independance and wants to excel at everything. She wants to be the teacher and have everyone follow her lead ALL the time.....which can bore the children she's playing with at times. On the other hand, cousin Lyric will be ready for first grade before she even starts kindergarten due to Jordyn's CONSTANT tutoring! Loves 2nd grade and Mrs. Stone. And is definintely learning how to be a friend and deal with friend issues! I love her so much and see her as my little partner in life. I think she'll far surpass me in talent, drive and ambition.



Lexi: nearly 6, 1st Grade

Lexi is a self-starter. She stays on task and does the task well. She does her homework quickly, accurately and doesn't want help. She is happy and easy-going. Lexi has an eye for fashion, picks out her clothing 100% of the time....and it's almost always a great match. Lexi doesn't like the kids who misbehave in class. She says she feels "mad inside when they are mean to her teacher, but doesn't make a grumpy face". Lexi is very sensitive, especially when it comes to animals. She holds her own very well with a strong older sister, but most of the time would rather walk away in peace than fight. I still worry about her in the future being the youngest in her grade, but she is so mature and is still at the top of her class....I think she'll be okay. I still look at her and think of her as my "butterfly". It is so fitting of her, and our home would not be complete without her fluttering around.


Peyton: 3 next month - NEEDS pre-school

This kid. I tell ya. I love her spunk and opinionated self so much. And I'm so thankful she wasn't my firstborn because I would have unknowingly fought her STRONG personality tooth-and-nail. She is so expressive, both verbally and physically. She is always giving me random, unsolicited hugs saying "I LOVE my mommy!". She LOVES letting Jordyn be her "mommy" (which Jordyn loves), but is picky about when Lexi can play that role. She still hates when Jordyn or Lexi sit by me, hug me, anything because I am "HER Mommy" only! Peyton loves friends, people and has not missed a day this school year asking to go to school. She asks where her teachers are all the time. She MUCH prefers to be naked over clothing, and her opinions over which shoes, jammies, clothing, cups, plates, bows, blankets, movies, etc etc, can be draining for mommy and daddy. Tucker and I often look at eachother like "what do we do with her?". But she's still a great snuggler and I tell her often she CAN'T get bigger!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Loved these school pictures and the updates. I think i'm going to copy this post when our school pictures come.

K Western said...

So cute!! They are such adorable girls and it is crazy to think how fast they are growing up.

K Western said...

So cute!! They are so adorable! It's crazy to think how fast they are growing up.

Janessa Couch said...

What gorgeous girls. It is strange that you already have your pictures back when school just started here and they have not even taken pics yet. I will have to remember the kid review, what fun for them to look back on years down the road.

Melvin and Carly said...

They are so cute!

Can you have Lexi give Audrey some tips on matching clothes? The other day she went to school wearing a light purple shirt, green and white striped shorts, bright pink socks, and black shoes. You have no idea how hard it was to let her out of the house like that! Help!