Friday, September 25, 2009

Old Friends

My friend of 20+ years, Melinda Mattes, is expecting her first little baby next month. Her mom threw her a baby shower in Corcoran, and I was happy I could hop on over to celebrate with her. As the years go by, I appreciate my "old" friends in an extra special way. There is nothing like people who have known you for so long. Even though the visits are few and far between, they are so comfortable too.

I was able to spend some time with Shana and her family too. I was lucky enough to have the rare opportunity to see Shana's Mom AND Dad, and brother...all at once. This is rare since they've been divorced since we were freshman in High School. It was so great to spend time with her family and especially to hold little baby Maren. Lexi was my partner for the day....poor girl, sitting at a baby shower....but she did great and it was all worth it to her because she got candy, soda, a popsicle and an ice cream sundae!


(Shana, Melinda, Richard & Paula Holquin and Me)

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

How fun to see old friends.