Monday, September 07, 2009

R.I.P. Sweet Crib!




For nearly 8 years, this crib has been a fixture. Through one apartment in Utah, one apartment in Kingsburg, CA and then this home for 5 1/2 years.....this crib has never failed us and been used most of that time!

And now, it is finally disassembled! What a strange feeling!

It was fairly easy to provide a bed for Peyton on that short of notice.....we just pulled the trundle out from Lexi's bed and scooted it over for Pey!

When she first walked in the room and saw her crib gone and the "big girl bed" there, she started crying! But soon enough, she thought it was pretty cool to have a big bed.

She does get out several times before she falls asleep with all the typical excuses ("I'm hungry!" or "I have to go potty" 100 times).

And her big-girl bed hasn't stopped her strange reasons for crying in the middle of the night. Here are a few things she's thought were in bed with her in the middle of the night:

- There are SHARKS in my bed!
-Dolphins
-Ants
-Sisters being mean
-(the most recent) Lobsters!

What an imagination this kid has!

3 comments:

britt said...

you took the plunge! I am not there yet. Of course I'm not taking my down, just passing it on. It seems so easy to just put them in a BIG bed, but I know it won't be with Ash. He sleeps SOOOO good in the crib still, I am not even ready to try!
way to peyton!!

Beth said...

Whoo, that must feel strange to get rid of the crib. I love how the other kids are excited about it too. I think the imaginations are in full force right now with almost being 3. I've noticed it in Luke too.

K Western said...

I remember taking down our crib and realizing I had no baby to put in it. So wierd! I hope she's doing well in her new big bed. Such a big girl.